Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Magic Math Show

Today we had some fun during math (If you would have came, you may have thought I was a little loopy). I had all of the kids set their chairs up like a movie theatre. They had to each pay $100 dollars to come to the "Magic Math Show" and some gave tips. ;) (Pretend Money of course). I was the magic host of the show and there was audience participation, drum rolls involved. The kid's boo'ed me when the show was over....so I had to pretend leave and (pretend cry) and go in the hallway and come back in the room for a little bit longer "Math Magic Show". The kids sure were having fun, and so was I. We used the Smartboard to learn about counting nickles and pennies. We stressed the point of counting by fives to count nickels and counting big coins first. They are getting better at counting nickels and pennies and practice each day helps.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea to teach counting coins. I sure wish we had been taught that way. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Our Class Contract

Our Class Contract
Today, the first grade worked together to think of all the rules that will help our classroom run smoothly! They thought of way more than I ever could! Way to go First Grade!!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.